News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Twin Disc Clutch!

Started by Charger4404spd, June 11, 2015, 08:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

The single disc clutch started slipping behind this torque monster so I thought Id try a McLeod Twin setup.
The installation was a breeze, hopefully I will get to try it out this weekend.

Adapter plate and first disc in.

Second disc and pressure plate.

oldschool

I run a twin clutch in all of my cars. one is 850 hp and 4000 lbs. never any slipping or problems, never.....
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Charger4404spd

tdmoparguy

Do you guys run the McLeod Flywheel too?

firefighter3931

That's a nice looking clutch Steve !   :icon_smile_big:

I've heard nothing but good things about the McLeod twin setups  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger4404spd

Just got back from a short test drive. Man they weren't kidding when they said pedal pressure was lighter than stock. So easy to push in. Have to wait for a few hundred miles before I can really try her out!

c00nhunterjoe

Did you have to modify the input shaft or bearing retainer?

Charger4404spd

deepockets

Glad to hear of the light pedal pressure also. Two things that I've found is that the pressure plate doesn't center well off the studs since there not shouldered like the factory bolts. I had the balancing shop dimple three spots around the six pressure plate holes. Now it's centered. I'm really surprised in McLeod for not focusing on that. The other thing I've noticed is that there is a rattle when I turned the engine off. I removed the clutch and the rattle went away. Since I have the engine on a test stand, it was easy to do. Out side of that, I can't wait to see how it works.