News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP!! WITH MY REAR SWAY BAR

Started by BigBlockSam, May 14, 2015, 05:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

so i go to mount my addco rear sway bar on my 69 charger and i can't find the mounting kit . i searched the web and i can;t seem to find a kit . can anyone point me in the right direction please?   :cheers: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

myk

Can't you just get one directly from Addco?

Kern Dog

At the risk of coming across as a smart ass...
You'd be better off making your own hardware to attach the bar. The stuff Addco supplies looks like it was designed solely based on low cost. Cheap, flimsy and weak. Recently I replaced my 7/8" Addco rear bar with a better designed OEM 3/4" bar from an 83 Imperial. I had to modify/fab up the strut links, but it works great and does NOT bind up. The Addco setup uses really short end links that allow very little axle articulation. They attach the end links to the frame rails with a thin stamped bracket that is barely thicker than 18 ga body sheet metal.
My reason for changing the bar was to reduce the tendency to oversteer, as well as allowing more suspension travel for a better ride.
Mission accomplished.