News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash light socket adapters

Started by oldcarnut, April 22, 2015, 10:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Im trying to find some socket adapters to fit in the dash light sockets but having a 12V wire connection instead of a bulb so I can hook up the aftermarket gauge lights to the harness light circuit without cutting the wires.  I searched but don't know the correct terminology for it.  Anybody got a link or name to call it so I can search better? some like these but for dash http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PCS-1156-BA15S-Panel-Adapter-For-RV-Trailer-Car-LED-Light-Connector-1093-1141-/261594504248?hash=item3ce83f5c38&vxp=mtr

oldcarnut

Got these in today from superbrightleds. They're capped off unlike the ones on Ebay so the wire solder points are protected.  Looks like they will do the trick for me. part# UCOB-BA9S

TexasStroker

I run a lot of stuff from SBL...Very nice people, great prices, and quick shipping...I've yet to have any issues with their products!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

A383Wing

so where do you put the original bulb back in for dash lighting now? Seems to me you just lost dash lighting

oldcarnut

Quote from: A383Wing on April 28, 2015, 08:37:02 AM
so where do you put the original bulb back in for dash lighting now? Seems to me you just lost dash lighting

This is the back of my dash right now as I try to get it all rewired with the new gauges and add-ons.  Since I don't have any bulb sockets left in the custom dash, what the adapters do is allow me to connect to new gauge or new panel lighting whether it be warning or signal indicators using the oem lighting circuit and switches without cutting the harness bulb holders off. Only thing required will be the ground wire connection change since it was originally done with the socket prongs which don't fit anything now.