News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let's play can you name the gasket!

Started by comet_666, April 25, 2015, 12:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I think I know what a few of these are for. Any ideas?

Silver R/T

I see 2 gaskets for door handles, gasket for mirror and not sure about the rest.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

comet_666

yup, going to go check that these are extra and not missing from the car.

UFO

Antenna base, back up light housing, accel assembly to firewall,rear bumper bracket to body.

70 sublime

Is the long narrow black one for under the door mirror ?
Hard to tell the size of them without something for reference
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

UFO

Pipe wrap pcs are for the heater core to firewall.

BLK 68 R/T

Bottom left round gasket is for the fuel level sending unit. Small round gray one is either for the trunk lock or door lock cylinder, hard to judge the size in the pic. With the previous posts, I think that covers them all.

70 sublime - yes the long narrow black one is for the door mirror.

UFO

Still missing location for the four white pcs.
I want to say they go on the mounting studs of the wiper pivots. Not positive on that thou.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: UFO on April 26, 2015, 10:38:55 AM
Still missing location for the four white pcs.
I want to say they go on the mounting studs of the wiper pivots. Not positive on that thou.

I think those are an oval shaped gasket with two holes that fit the wiper motor linkage pivots.

Its possible they are just extra gaskets. Say if the car has PDB or not, maybe they would go on the studs between the booster and firewall plate?
How many studs are on the rear quarter extensions? I know the black L shaped gasket goes in between but maybe they go on the studs inside the trunk before the nuts?