News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

estimate 1/4 eta

Started by 73chgrSE, June 01, 2006, 08:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

If a car (not a charger) weighs about 3500lbs and has 350hp and hooks up nice, what would you say it would do in the 1/4 mile? Hypothetically of course.

RD

rear wheel hp or engine hp?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

73chgrSE

Duey

73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

firefighter3931

Quote from: 73chgrSE on June 01, 2006, 08:19:47 AM
If a car (not a charger) weighs about 3500lbs and has 350hp and hooks up nice, what would you say it would do in the 1/4 mile? Hypothetically of course.

It really depends on how well the chassis is working. Stockers are a good example of how well a relatively low HP combo can run unreal elapsed times. With the right chassis, a car of that weight could run low 11's or high 10's with 350 rwhp.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

derailed

A friend of mine has a 39 Furd pickup with the original steel box on it. He runs a very mild 383 cheby motor in it and DOT slicks. not sure what gearing he has but it runs consistently in the high 11s

deputycrawford

I know what mine runs with about that some RWHP. What gear, converter do you run. Drag radials will help too. What carb, intake combo, Cam as well.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.