News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOS Cigarette Lighter - **FOUND!**

Started by bill440rt, May 21, 2015, 08:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Looking for a NOS or mint (un)used cigarette lighter. Element must be clean.
This will have a smooth knob vs a knurled one. Looks like the one in the picture.

** FOUND, THANKS!**
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

david hunt

I have your lighter....good clean   unused lifgter.   call  David Hunt  1-620-624-6801 :2thumbs:

ODZKing

Just for future reference, the knob and lighter were available separate from Chrysler. Used from 1962 into the 80's. Element still is the same.
The element just unscrews from the knob.
Knob is 2290188 and element is 3004190
Element is still available from Chrysler $15.00 and they can be found at Auto Zone, NAPA and the like.
Knobs however are all over EBay for a hefty price for new.  :o

bill440rt

Sorry, should have marked this post found a while ago.

I did find one, from a respected member on here.  :cheers:
It was exactly as the one pictured, which matched the original one from my car.

I should mention that the replacement elements are close, but not exact. They are a superceded part. There is a chrome rounded return edge around the lighter opening, whereas the superceded NOS "replacement" elements do not have this edge. They are flat. The ribs around the housing collar are also shaped differently They will work just fine, but not correct in appearance.   :Twocents:  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce