News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cant tell if my motor is a Hemi or not ?

Started by remta1, February 11, 2015, 01:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

Sorry ...just joking , but seriously , I know it is a small block ...how do I tell if it is a 318 ..
appreciate the advice  :cheers: :cheers:

polywideblock

left side of the block has the casting numbers on it , also on a machined pad under left(drivers) head at front of block

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

1974dodgecharger

did you solder a pos. wire to that battery posts?  :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Can't tell if it's a Hemi? Simple, nail the throttle. You'll have your answer.  :lol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

remta1

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 11, 2015, 03:37:54 AM
did you solder a pos. wire to that battery posts?  :icon_smile_big:

nooooooooo ::) but I did jam a terminal in it until I wire it up properly :D :smilielol:

casting number from the drivers side 26500512  or is it 2650512?  

cant see the casting numbers on the passengers side , perhaps some one can show me where ...probably staring at me  :lol:

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

remta1

ok..so I looked at the numbers for reference ..my isn't there , sorry to sound silly what am I missing  :brickwall:

JB400

The numbers you're looking for are cast into the block, not stamped, on the left hand side (drivers' side).  Probably hidden by motor mounts, exhaust, and steering box.

remta1

:cheers: I will try and find them in the morning ...bit too dark now ..

Kern Dog

Drink less Fosters. You will stop seeing double.   :pity:

remta1

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 13, 2015, 03:12:47 AM
Drink less Fosters. You will stop seeing double.   :pity:
Fosters
:flush: :flush:
Would only drink it if I was on a deserted island with no water and I had run out of urine......  :smilielol: ..Iam partial though to Bundaberg RUM YUM YUM

Found some more info today when I scraped the paint off the rest of the head
RM318R so definitely 318 block and 68 stamped on passengers side PM=engine assembly plant Mound Road
318= displacement
R=regular fuel

so now need to find the correct thermostat ..160 f / 70 c  is what automotive stores in New Zealand reccommend in their data books , have been running 160 and have cooling issues , ( on another thread )  :brickwall: