News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona: insulation between radiator and core support

Started by hemi68charger, January 13, 2015, 08:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Might be over thinking this, but wanted to get as close a product as possible to OEM-correct ( I'm "Geno" that way on some things )  :icon_smile_big:

Where, if there is anyone, who sells the proper foam/density of the seal between the upper radiator tank and horizontal top core support?

Thanks...
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Answered my own question...... Should have gone directly to Dave (PCG)... duhhhhh...

But, I'll keep this for others to learn from...

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Winged_Car_Stuff/Radiator_Seals.htm

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

maxwellwedge

I bought a roll of it at Canadian Tire....I'm sure Home Depot and Lowes have it as well.

Not that I want to take any money away from Dave - everyone needs to eat......

They sell it in various widths and thicknesses.....I forget the correct dimensions at the moment. I think it was about $7.00 a roll.......enough to do 4 Daytona's. Thank god I don't have more than that!  :smilielol:

hemi68charger

Troy

r4daytona

I want to get some as well, Troy, if you find the right stuff - I'll buy a piece from you for my car.  I could also look for it at the store if I knew the thickness and width.

hemi68charger

Quote from: r4daytona on January 26, 2015, 03:42:16 PM
I want to get some as well, Troy, if you find the right stuff - I'll buy a piece from you for my car.  I could also look for it at the store if I knew the thickness and width.

I got the "kit" from Dave P... It does look pretty generic, not sure about the density and thickness compared to what is out there on the market. Dave sends two strips, one for the top tank and one for the bottom tank. Hard to put the bottom strip in if the rad's already in. I installed the top strip already. The two pieces in Dave's kit come precut..

Troy

62 Max

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 26, 2015, 03:45:44 PM
Quote from: r4daytona on January 26, 2015, 03:42:16 PM
I want to get some as well, Troy, if you find the right stuff - I'll buy a piece from you for my car.  I could also look for it at the store if I knew the thickness and width.

I got the "kit" from Dave P... It does look pretty generic, not sure about the density and thickness compared to what is out there on the market. Dave sends two strips, one for the top tank and one for the bottom tank. Hard to put the bottom strip in if the rad's already in. I installed the top strip already. The two pieces in Dave's kit come precut..

Troy,don't you wonder where he got it ? :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:

FJ5WING

I didn't know others were selling the foam so I bought from Dave. It sure seems just like the originals but they were 35 years old when I took them off.  :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 27, 2015, 08:16:10 AM
I didn't know others were selling the foam so I bought from Dave. It sure seems just like the originals but they were 35 years old when I took them off.  :shruggy:

Lowe's is your friend ! ;D

maxwellwedge

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on January 26, 2015, 10:18:22 PM
...Troy,don't you wonder where he got it ? :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:

Oh yes... But, I figured my money can help him stay in business too. His expertise is needed in the market place and I figure this is one small way to help keep more important things of his coming out.........

PS: Did you see the picture of Mister Dave P. helping me out with the 426 Hemi installation.  ;D

Troy

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 62 Max on January 27, 2015, 08:58:26 AM
Quote from: FJ5WING on January 27, 2015, 08:16:10 AM
I didn't know others were selling the foam so I bought from Dave. It sure seems just like the originals but they were 35 years old when I took them off.  :shruggy:

Lowe's is your friend ! ;D

I source the 1"X1" radiator foams seals for my repro wingcar nose seal kits from McMaster Carr (pn#8694K54), they have an adhesive film on one side that aids in installation, holding the strips where placed on the front radiator support, while installing the radiator...plus an added benefit to the adhesive film is retaining the strips under speed, reason why some car's seals were lost or slipped out of place

Mike

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 27, 2015, 11:14:36 AM

I source the 1"X1" radiator foams seals for my repro wingcar nose seal kits from McMaster Carr (pn#8694K54), they have an adhesive film on one side that aids in installation, holding the strips where placed on the front radiator support, while installing the radiator...plus an added benefit to the adhesive film is retaining the strips under speed, reason why some car's seals were lost or slipped out of place

Mike

As usual Mike, you're a plethora of info and a kind gentleman............ Opppsss, was I supposed to say that?  :icon_smile_big:
Troy