News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 Hemi 30k

Started by chargerman69, January 19, 2015, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman69

Seen this on FB
Located in Millheim Pa.16854
Lonnie Hart knows the owner can fine him on FB
anyone remember what the red one sold for last year

chargerman69

TUFCAT

Its pretty rough when you look closely..... and in this condition, $30K might be a tough sell for a hemi/auto in need of a mega buck restoration.  I hate to see how the interior looks (with all that sh*t laying on the dash pad).  :eek2:    1st generation Chargers are extremely expensive to restore properly.  Sure $30k might sound cheap for a hemi car, when you factor "it doesn't look that bad but probably needs everything",  it becomes a difficult proposition, especially for 30 large....  :Twocents: :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

he has been trying now for 4  years?  I remember this car posted long ago.....on here.  we murdered it already...

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 19, 2015, 08:34:34 PM
he has been trying now for 4  years?  I remember this car posted long ago.....on here.  we murdered it already...

....and that was probably deserved.  

Please guys don't get me wrong....  :nono:  there's plenty of potential here.  Most people would love to start with a car like this however, the unknowns are just as high as the risk, and the price is out of line with reality...  :Twocents: :Twocents:

chargerperson

Quote from: chargerman69 on January 19, 2015, 07:13:02 PM
Seen this on FB
Located in Millheim Pa.16854
Lonnie Hart knows the owner can fine him on FB
anyone remember what the red one sold for last year

Believe the red one sold for about $33k.  That was the "barn find" where the owner had a bunch of rare cars.  I think a Charger 500, a Talledaga and 3 or 4 others.  The 66 Hemi was the only one they were selling. 

chargerman69

Red one was least was inside

472 R/T SE

Just think, for another $22k + commission a person could have bought an AAR cloned into a Hemi car.  All original metal, NW car all it's life.  Currently black ( old paint that obviously doesn't show well ) with red hockey stripe.  It was nice enough to where it was still winning it's class & best of show trophies.

These cars are all over the place.  Although my buddy who is a regular @ BJ said the Chargers have been hot for a couple years now.  I think that's why some of the prices are all over the place?

A383Wing

this brown one has been for sale for a long time...he was asking a lot then, and a lot now for the condition it's in.....come down about $10K and he might have a better chance

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on January 19, 2015, 10:01:36 PM
this brown one has been for sale for a long time...he was asking a lot then, and a lot now for the condition it's in.....come down about $10K and he might have a better chance

your fckin GIF rocks, lol....im just watching it like mesmorized  :icon_smile_big:

500Jon

Why restore her, put some gas in and drive it LOL!

Or take the hemi out and sell for $15,000, then sell the rest for $15,000 and let the new owners of each separated piece fight over it for years LOL!!! :smilielol:

My good friend here in the UK would have snapped this car up if he had seen it!
He has spent 4 years restoring a 318 67 Charger, got Top five at the UK Nats!!!
Its even the same colour as this beauty...

ITS A HEMI-CAR...what's not to like HERE!!!
Its not about money or time and effort its about Mopar Heritage......................
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Ghoste

The pictures have been around at least as long as its been for sale as well so you can add another 4 years of deterioration to that.  If it were cleaned up a little, that might help him get some interest.  :shruggy:

tan top

theres been 2 or 3  of unrestored , HEMI  first generations  over the last year or two forsale  ,  a red one that's been mentioned   rings a bell  , also a green one  , think  a black one too  or one in black primer  :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparnation74

Quote from: tan top on January 20, 2015, 09:28:48 AM
theres been 2 or 3  of unrestored , HEMI  first generations  over the last year or two forsale  ,  a red one that's been mentioned   rings a bell  , also a green one  , think  a black one too  or one in black primer  :shruggy:
The cost to restore one and market demand has steered people away, unfortunately.

500Jon

Is there a LINKY to the sale board?
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!