News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

removing stock heads

Started by Dreamcar, January 11, 2015, 11:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

I was just watching a car show on tv and they removed a cylinder head by loosening the bolts in the opposite of the torque patern.

I'll need to start dismantling my 383 someday, so should I do the same?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Dmichels

Its not a bad idea I do not follow any particular pattern I just zig zag back and forth. Probably more important for proper gasket seating on the install But that's the way I learned and I am a creature of habit. It does not take any longer either way
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Dreamcar

Quote from: Dmichels on January 11, 2015, 11:23:01 AM
Its not a bad idea I do not follow any particular pattern I just zig zag back and forth. Probably more important for proper gasket seating on the install But that's the way I learned and I am a creature of habit. It does not take any longer either way
Dave

Cool , thanks
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)