News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gutted out '68 weight

Started by phantom, January 11, 2015, 09:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom

I have to haul my '68 on a trailer, but i need to know the weight of the car so i know what car to pull the trailer with. The Charger has no motor and no driveline, and it is empty inside apart from the dash, no windows. Other than that its complete. Anyone have an estimate? 2500lbs? 

Ghoste

Thats probably about right, if its to determine the minimum car needed to pull it I'd assume 3000 and go overkill for the safety margin.

Dodgecharger74

I would not pull any trailer with a  Car
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

phantom

Quote from: Ghoste on January 11, 2015, 10:22:27 AM
Thats probably about right, if its to determine the minimum car needed to pull it I'd assume 3000 and go overkill for the safety margin.

Thanks. Think i'll be under 4000 in total weight charger/trailer. Here in Norway we use kilograms, so little under 2 tonnes then :)

Troy

Between 2,000 and 2,500 pounds - but probably closer to the low end unless you still have a full tank of gas. That's 908-1,134 kg.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

Another vote for 2500-ish.  Probably not much less though.

Lennard

A complete 68-69-70 Charger weighs about 3600 pounds.

phantom

Yeah,  no gastank,  no exhaust,  not even a trunkfloor at the moment. Thanks everyone!