News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need photos of '69 trunk sound deadener/undercoat

Started by T769RT, December 30, 2014, 08:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T769RT

Hey Guys, I'm new here and am in the middle of the restoration of a '69 R/T that's getting close to being ready for color. Wondering if anyone has any good detailed photos of factory applied (and/or pics of restored to original) sound deadener/undercoating on the inside of the 1/4s in the trunk area on '69s? There don't seem to be a lot of good pictures out there. Thanks! John
1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440/4-Speed
1968 Dodge Superbee 383/727

comet_666

Wish I could help, I'll search around for some pics for you , mine were all shot and had to replace. Serious kudos for the resto though and good luck!!! :cheers:

T769RT

Thanks Comet! The car is an original paint, 85,000 original mile car that I took lots of detailed photos of before tearing it down six years ago but somehow ended up without good pics of the sound deadener! Hopefully someone will be able to help!

Ryan.C

There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

500Jon

Quarter skin sound deadeaning!

What a great topic......
Probably applied prior to quarter skin fitting?
The gun they used must  have been invented by Arnie.
Its so hard to replicate with modern Shutz guns.
Half an inch thick in places, especially next to the Marker light holes!!!

Its quicker and easier to use seam sealer(for thickness) and coat afterwards with Paintable shutz.
The mistake some Folks make is using underseal, a tar based underbody coating.(deffo nono)

In answer there is no right or wrong just clumsy and real THICK...
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

matrout76

i need to take some photos of my trunk this weekend and will try to take some pics of the trunk-side of the rear quarters.  The pass-side is still on the car and the d-side is cut off and laying on the floor, so i should be able to get you some decent photos.

Matt

500Jon

Green Daytona for sale on Aero's...

Has pictures inside the trunk!
Sound deadening is very different to my C500.
Maybe the 1968 guy was sacked and a new guy it 1969???

Or maybe there was more than one guy???

Who knows? :scratchchin:

Painted Fuel TUBE not good!!! :slap:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

tsmithae

When disassembling my '70 it appeared that the road deadener was applied before the quarter was attached so that's exactly how i did mine. 

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

T769RT

Awesome, thanks 500Jon and tsmithae for your pictures and input. Very helpful!  Keep 'em coming!

matrout76

I wasn't able to get photos of mine this weekend, but i believe it is different than what is shown in the photos.  I will try to get out there tonight and take the pics.