News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

broken tab return fuel

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 02, 2015, 03:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Is it normal for the tab to break on the return separator? I went ahead amd zipped tied it...didnt want to buy another just because of the tab.

b5blue

The line out of the pump "should be steel" with just a 2" rubber hose connecting to the VS. Perhaps when the VS is full of fuel it is too heavy?  :shruggy:

green69rt

I thought it was a metal tab that was welded to the main body (this link,.http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/351270329528?rmvSB=true )  It was held in place by one of the fuel pump bolts.  Did the tab weld break??  Don't remember ever seeing one broken.

Yours looks so new, is it a repro??  Maybe just poor quality.

moparnation74

I never had one break loose from the attaching bracket.  I do not believe that the rubber hoses are the culprit.

Are you even running the small vapor return line?  If you are not just run a good in line filter.

1974dodgecharger

Yeah i have a 1/4 return line.  The car was acting funny all week where the idle would surge to 1300 and calm down at a stop.  Looked at fuel and see the vapor was just dangling there.  Yeah the tab broke off from the vapor.....maybe your right too much fuel? Hard to say.......