News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hellcat Motor for sale!!!!!

Started by War wagon, December 14, 2014, 11:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

War wagon

Stegs

1k k for it....i dont know if thats cheap or really expensive

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar+Performance/312/P5155431AB/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710586912&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000848956&cadevice=c&gclid=CJvI0NShyMICFfEF7AodWwMAnw

a big 572 hemi for 1k more, i fell like it has more potential ....maybe a blower and you should be over the 707 mark i would assume?

Indygenerallee

Unless you have a hood bulge to clear the Supercharger it won't fit in a 2nd gen Charger. too tall  :'(
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Stegs

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 15, 2014, 10:50:58 AM
Unless you have a hood bulge to clear the Supercharger it won't fit in a 2nd gen Charger. too tall  :'(

good point....what if you went with a vortec supercharger instead of a roots style? or maybe a turbo?

either way, the hellcat motor is sick and no matter what you do it will be awesome

love to have that in my 2nd gen dodge ram 1500 reg cab short box!

Indygenerallee

Quotegood point....what if you went with a vortec supercharger instead of a roots style? or maybe a turbo?

If you were to do that then just get a 5.7 Hemi and build one up. There are several built supercharged 5.7's that are putting out Hellcat HP numbers.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

GOTWING

I sent the link to my wife for another idea for Christmas ..   :drool5:  Well my 05 300C does have 153,000 on it's 5.7 hemi now, so it's good excuse !  :icon_smile_big:

Stegs

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 15, 2014, 11:35:56 AM
Quotegood point....what if you went with a vortec supercharger instead of a roots style? or maybe a turbo?

If you were to do that then just get a 5.7 Hemi and build one up. There are several built supercharged 5.7's that are putting out Hellcat HP numbers.

700ish from a 5.7

sounds like that would be pushing the max on that motor, any word on reliability with doing something like that?

id love a 5.7 hemi swap in my truck...even if it was a bone stock....big uprade from the old 98 318 that made 230hp...

GOTWING

this is where you want to go for any Mopar related engine work new or old. Life long friends business.

http://www.performanceinjectionequipment.com/

Ponch ®

Quote from: Stegs on December 15, 2014, 12:45:29 PM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 15, 2014, 11:35:56 AM

700ish from a 5.7

sounds like that would be pushing the max on that motor, any word on reliability with doing something like that?

id love a 5.7 hemi swap in my truck...even if it was a bone stock....big uprade from the old 98 318 that made 230hp...

700 is doable from a 5.7 (and yeah...it is pushing it)...but my guess is that by the time you got it to make that much power you would have spent just as much (if not more) than $16.5K on it and you'd still have to deal with the reliability, tuning, and driveability issues inherent to that kind of project.

That being said, I do understand and respect that there is a level of satisfaction from having it done yourself that you simply don't get from "credit card engineering".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West