News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 B Body wiper fix.

Started by b5blue, January 04, 2015, 05:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Years ago I bought new wiper arms from Rockauto. When they came in I was not happy to find the "Universal Fit" type after calling and asking specifically that I was only looking for a correct replacement.
After getting several used ones I found no matter how good they looked the fit was never tight to the pivot head. What I did was remove the adjustable arm with the odd angle adjuster on the end by pulling it out completely. Then on the original arm I ripped off the lower cover, drilled out the rivet holding the arm and mangled the crimps on the end. That let me unhook the spring by pushing it inward. After flattening out the bend on the hook end the arm will pull off. If you clean up the end with a file so it's nice and straight it just slides into the Universal assembly base and you can lock it down at the right length.
  Now you have a new almost correct looking arm that will grip the pivot much better even if your old arm is shot.  :yesnod: