News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use bluetooth speakers via smartphone in your car for music.

Started by oldcarnut, November 19, 2014, 08:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

kab69440

Pipe it through the head unit to the car's speakers. Sounds as good as any CD.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Charger_Dart

I do, my AM radio is dead and the dash & package shelf speakers are in 46 year old condition so it seemed like the best option. I use a UE Boom that fits in the console when not in use and sits on the passenger seat when I want to listen to some music. The sound is good and clean, but not especially loud. Works well for me and the speaker is portable so it has lots of other uses that I enjoy.
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

oldcarnut

I went and listened to some various speakers today.  I'm not going to replaced my radio or put another in.  Seems like the bluetooth speakers will be what I use in combo with the phone and be able to listen to them other places aa well with no battery drain on the car.  Some of them would really crank out and sound good.

Lord Warlock

Saw an amplifier advertised that was Bluetooth enabled for streaming music, tempted to try that option out on mine. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ponch ®

I rock one of these when I cruise the Satellite since the stereo and speakers in it a crap (and I can't listen to stuff from my phone).

Its's cheap and the sound quality and loudness are pretty when youre in a room (I also use it at home, and sometimes its too loud) but when youre driving, windows down, engine roaring...youre left wanting more. I wish there was a way to connect two of these to the my phone by bluetooth...it would sound badass.

http://www.amazon.com/XtremeMac-USB-SBT-11-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00814Z74G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416538279&sr=8-2&keywords=xtreme+mac

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

One of these days I will be taking my 68 to a stereo shop and having them figure it all out. Ward restored my original radio and added an MP3 jack. I installed a pair of Boston 4" speakers in the dash when I restored it. My plans are to add an amp and two rear speakers but I will let the experts modify the plans as needed.

Here's a thread about the topic: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68252.0.html