News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 charger rear end missing tag

Started by texas charger 73, November 16, 2014, 08:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas charger 73

Not sure what rear end I have as the tag is missing. Any other way to find out without cracking open case? Also gear ratio?
1973 dodge charger
mild 318
904 reverse manual vb
2 1/2" flowmasters
8.25 with 3:55
Sdh1120@yahoo.com
Plum crazy metallic

ODZKing

From one of the other forums:
Jack the vehicle up, put jack stands under the rearend. Turn one tire, if the other tire turns the same direction it has an sure grip rear end.
Then for gear ratio, count the number of turns the driveshaft does for one turn of the rear tire.
It will give you a rough idea.  To know for sure what the car came with, you'd need the build sheet.
But I am sure there are other ways to tell with dis-assembly.

texas charger 73

I have fender tag. That's about only marking
1973 dodge charger
mild 318
904 reverse manual vb
2 1/2" flowmasters
8.25 with 3:55
Sdh1120@yahoo.com
Plum crazy metallic

ODZKing

Yeah, not on there like the earlier cars.  :-\

John_Kunkel

Quote from: ODZKing on November 16, 2014, 11:42:07 AM
From one of the other forums:
Jack the vehicle up, put jack stands under the rearend. Turn one tire, if the other tire turns the same direction it has an sure grip rear end.
Then for gear ratio, count the number of turns the driveshaft does for one turn of the rear tire.
It will give you a rough idea.  To know for sure what the car came with, you'd need the build sheet.
But I am sure there are other ways to tell with dis-assembly.

If it doesn't have Sure-Grip, jack only one side clear of the ground and turn the tire two full turns while counting the driveshaft turns.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.