News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dealing with junk mail

Started by JB400, January 24, 2015, 03:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Has anyone ever done this?:  https://www.dmachoice.org/index.php

I'm looking to get rid of some junk mail, which brought me to this site.  Usually, I just contact the company itself and ask to be removed.  The State Farm opt out brought me this one.

I'm tired of having to empty file 13.

el dub

I open the junk mail, take out the envelope that is in there, and put everything back in the envelope and send it back. When you do that they have to pay postage and will get the message before to long. plus you can add a little message in there as someone will be reading it.  :D
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

ITSA426

Back when I used to get a lot of junk mail I would mail it to someone else in their postage paid envelopes.  It always made me feel good and it kept the post office busy.

kpkube

Quote from: el dub on January 24, 2015, 06:38:08 PM
I open the junk mail, take out the envelope that is in there, and put everything back in the envelope and send it back. When you do that they have to pay postage and will get the message before to long. plus you can add a little message in there as someone will be reading it.  :D

1. Take the return envelope and put it aside.
2. take the rest of the contents and put it in a shredder.
3. take envelope and put the shredded pieces in envelope.
4. then mail it back.
maybe they will get the idea that we don't want their junk...

Dmichels

68 440 4 speed 4.10

kab69440

Did you know that you can mail up to 75 pounds on a business reply envelope? Box up your woodworking scraps. Sawzall some old tires into shreds, toss in all those crappy neighborhood advertisers, the 30 year-old phone books that you still keep for no reason at all. Oh, and let's not forget the rest of the week's junk mail. Seal the box and tape the business reply envelope to it. Donate all your junk to the same people who donated theirs to you. Have a nice day!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

el dub

Quote from: kab69440 on January 26, 2015, 06:54:51 PM
Did you know that you can mail up to 75 pounds on a business reply envelope? Box up your woodworking scraps. Sawzall some old tires into shreds, toss in all those crappy neighborhood advertisers, the 30 year-old phone books that you still keep for no reason at all. Oh, and let's not forget the rest of the week's junk mail. Seal the box and tape the business reply envelope to it. Donate all your junk to the same people who donated theirs to you. Have a nice day!

I have to find out if that will work in Calif. maybe throw some foot powder in there.  :D
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem