News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Teen taking Lamborghini test drive dies in crash

Started by Mopar Nut, August 31, 2014, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

doctor4766

Not that I'd own a Lambo, but if I did (And it's unlikely that I would want to) I don't think I'd let an 18 yo take it for a run.
Gotta love a '69

myk

Whether you're an experienced performance driver like Roger Rojas or a member of the youth elite, death can come at any time...

AKcharger

Mike DC

The cabin of that car still looks pretty intact for a fatal wreck.  I wonder if Beavis had a seatbelt on.

ws23rt

Quote from: myk on August 31, 2014, 06:13:46 AM
Whether you're an experienced performance driver like Roger Rojas or a member of the youth elite, death can come at any time...

:2thumbs:  We see these stories and are left to believe that the car did it.  That seems to be the intent of the story.  The truth is that mechanical failure is seldom the cause.  A big ugly wreck can happen with any car for many reasons. However a first time driver is better off learning to drive something sedate before the exotic. :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: AKcharger on August 31, 2014, 09:27:05 AM
No One ever said those things were safe!

Nothing is "safe", it all depends on the circumstances/factors involved...I've seen a Lambo Murcielago (same car talked about here) go end over end at 200+ mph and the driver walked away from it, chances are the young driver may have never had any experience behind the wheel of one of these cars, as they can get sideways at any speed

wingcar

Another case of:  "Low performance driver in a high performance car"

(A high performance car doesn't automatically make you a high performance driver...A mans got to know his limitations)   :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

68pplcharger

handles a lot different than a video game.... and you cant just hit restart when you crash.  :Twocents: