News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Champion plugs

Started by 66FBCharger, May 07, 2014, 06:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

What about these over priced split fire plugs ?

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 29, 2014, 07:25:40 PM
What about these over priced split fire plugs ?

Ripoff.... there is only one spark at a time.... doesnt matter if its a splitfire of those quad plugs... one spark, one path.

70sixpkrt

What is the difference between BCP6ES and BCPR6ES? Any notable difference?

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

justcruisin

The R stands for "resistor", for noise suppression. Otherwise no difference. With TVRS cable I wouldn't get concerned with using a "R" plug.

mopar0166

Why are they so preferred over champion ?

Ghoste

Champion quality went down when production moved out of the US.  It has never happened to me but a lot of people complain about things like the insulator coming free of the metal core and things like that.

mopar0166

Noitced a length difference between the suggested NGK plug and the Champion im currently using.   With headers, its hard enough to get the champions in let alone longer NGK plugs. 

mopar0166

I stayed with champion and haven't had any issues

Ghoste

I never did either but last plug change I switched to NGK before I did.  Hated to do it because I was a loyal holdout to Champion for a long time but they should have stayed in the US dammit.

ACUDANUT

NKG is not U.S. either.  :Twocents:

ODZKing

NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd. is a public company established in 1936 and based in Nagoya, Japan according to Wikipedia.

Ghoste

I didn't say it was and the fact that it isn't is one of the reasons I held off from buying them for so long.  Given the choice between the well made foreign plug and the crappy made foreign plug is how I made my choice.