News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How sorted is your Charger?

Started by JR, August 24, 2014, 07:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indreams84

I bought mine as a turn-key and it runs so nice (+everything works as it should) that I stress myself out trying to keep it that way.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

Ghoste

They've become like jet fighters, there is two hours of maintenance for each hour of flight time.  Come to think of it, the ads in 68 did refer to it as a mach 2 jet on wheels.  :scratchchin:

MrSnicks

Mostly reliable and trustworthy. Street legal by state standards. I still have to correct the following:

1. Replace brake booster  (have to pull it up off the floor with my toe when I use the brakes)
2. Fuel gauge inop, temp gauge squirelly... standard cluster bad circuit board ( going to wire in a Rallye cluster)
3. Hide-a-way headlights doors not wired up to light switch (going to build a harness this weekend)
4. No defrost during rain so windshield gets foggy ( need to buy a new fan speed switch)

Patrick

Chargerguy74

I didn't think mine was reliable, but then it made a 2000 mile one way trip without an issue.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Charger_Dart

Mines been pretty reliable over the years. I have driven it 750 miles one way to a car show a few years ago so I guess I have lots of confidence in it  :shruggy:

She runs good and gets me where i need to be, and love every minute behind the wheel !
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

workworkwork

My base model charger that my Dad purchased new in 1974 and gave to in 1981 has been a great car. Very reliable. I have enjoyed owning the car my whole life. The 74 Charger SE I recently purchased has a bunch of problems and every time I spend a little more time with the car and try to solve something I find more things that need attention. I think it depends on what kind of life the car has had over the years. A well maintained car I would drive anywhere with as much confidence as I would have in any late model car.

Lord Warlock

Not quite sorted yet.  While it "should" start as soon as I put gas in and hook up a battery, I wouldn't trust it very far until I got confidence back in its ability to drive around.  It will get to that stage soon enough, have to get brake fluid to all the hubs still and make sure MC still works.  It hasn't moved since i put new brakes on it.  (and brake lines, and fuel lines)

Of course I've got to get the even less sorted dodge stealth started to  get the charger out of the back yard garage. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.