News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Advice needed on rear valance

Started by g-man70, August 16, 2014, 06:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g-man70

I'm looking for some advice on getting the rear valance to fit the contour of the valance corners. Has any one run into the fitment issue pictured? I thought before I start putting some muscle into this I should ask if anyone had any tips. Thanks!

Dino

The valance corners are notorious for bad fitment.  In fact, all repro panel are a bit off which can make it look even worse.

The corner is usually the easiest part to cut, reshape and weld but look for tensions spots when you mount it on the car before you start cutting.  Mount the panels with clamps and/or self tapping screws and see what needs to be done.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

I agree.
Fit it on the car. The flat part of the valance will tuck tighter under the car also changing that angle.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce