News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Diablo designed by Chrysler

Started by JB400, July 21, 2014, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/lamborghini-diablo-born-italy-designed-detroit-173050501.html

If this article is true, it's pretty cool to know that Chrysler had a chip in designing the Lamborghini Diablo.   One of my favorite super cars. :yesnod:

TUFCAT

Quote from: JB400 on July 21, 2014, 01:47:40 AM
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/lamborghini-diablo-born-italy-designed-detroit-173050501.html

If this article is true, it's pretty cool to know that Chrysler had a chip in designing the Lamborghini Diablo.   One of my favorite super cars. :yesnod:

Interesting. Much better styling and less "kit car looking" than a Countach...which incidentally had the worst build quality of anything I've seen since the Model T.  I've heard the new ones were much better in that regard.  I don't see very many in Michigan. :D

Aero426

The Countach as originally conceived by Gandini was a mind blowing car in terms of 1971.    So much cleaner than what it ended up to be by the 80's. 

TUFCAT

Yes, that version was much cleaner.  :2thumbs:

Aero426

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 21, 2014, 03:55:42 PM

The late model has not aged well at all. 

Ghoste

DAY CLONA

Quote from: JB400 on July 21, 2014, 01:47:40 AM

If this article is true, it's pretty cool to know that Chrysler had a chip in designing the Lamborghini Diablo.   One of my favorite super cars. :yesnod:

The only "chip" Chrysler had in "developing" the Diablo was constantly pushing new designs down Lamborghini's throat every week looking for final approval as the designers in Detroit were jockying to have their name on the design which they never got, Marcello had already penned the Diablo design many years before Chrysler took the helm....Chrysler's only real contribution to the company was working capital that helped Diablo production/volume see record numbers

You don't see Chrysler's name on the side of the Diablo

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Aero426 on July 21, 2014, 03:58:20 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 21, 2014, 03:55:42 PM

The late model has not aged well at all. 

Sorry Doug, but for me, this is the Ultimate Wing car

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Aero426 on July 21, 2014, 03:46:21 PM
The Countach as originally conceived by Gandini was a mind blowing car in terms of 1971.    So much cleaner than what it ended up to be by the 80's. 

Just about everything in the 80s was  :eek2:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mytur Binsdirti

For the longest time, the Countach was about the wildest car out there, but today it really looks dated.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 24, 2014, 02:02:05 PM
For the longest time, the Countach was about the wildest car out there, but today it really looks dated.

...and so do we!  :icon_smile_cool:

hatersaurusrex

The Countach was pretty much the avatar for the entire 1980's - even more so than the DeLorean DMC12 - which has held up decently to time due to Guigario's tendency to design everything to look like a sexy flying wedge.

The 1990's Nissan 300ZX also has stood well against the test of time IMO, and also the (gasp!) Ford GT/GT40.

None of which have stood up like the '68 Charger though :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

TUFCAT

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on July 24, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

The Countach was pretty much the avatar for the entire 1980's

Yup, right up there with this...

hemi-hampton

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 24, 2014, 02:02:05 PM

IMHO, in the current Supercar realm, the Countach still can hold it's own in the looks department, performance wise...well that's another story :icon_smile_big:

Still a sexy automobile regardless of it's now "classic Icon" styling

Ghoste

You can sure see the family lineage in that shot.