News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are 2nd gen AMD rear bumpers back in stock?

Started by b5blue, July 18, 2014, 06:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

If they are has anyone gotten one yet? I'm needing a new one ASAP.  :shruggy:

john108

I ordered them through Summit.  Came in a couple of weeks, about a few weeks ago.  They are sitting in a room now.

Mike DC

Are AMD actually making any 2nd-gen bumpers, front or rear?  

There have been a set of (Goodmark?) repros available for years, predating AMD's existence.  Thinner metal than stock, wavy chrome, bad fit, etc.   I have never heard of any better repros existing yet.  

Ghoste

AMD do reproduce 2nd gen Charger bumpers but I can't speak as to being in stock nor quality.  It would be nice if someone repopped a better one than the Goodmark unit.

jaak

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 19, 2014, 06:37:58 AM

Are AMD actually making any 2nd-gen bumpers, front or rear?  

There have been a set of (Goodmark?) repros available for years, predating AMD's existence.  Thinner metal than stock, wavy chrome, bad fit, etc.   I have never heard of any better repros existing yet.  

Mine are AMD on the 69... they aren't much better than how you described the Goodmarks. They are better than crusty originals...but FAR from perfect.

Jason

Ghoste

Thats sad because they describe them as being thick wall steel and quality chrome just like oem.  :rotz: :'(

Mike DC

I've been trying to figure out if Goodmark and AMD bumpers are the same stuff.  It's rare in this hobby for two suppliers to be making exactly the same sheetmetal item and the complaints about them are all the same. 

Ghoste

jaak

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 20, 2014, 02:42:58 PM

I've been trying to figure out if Goodmark and AMD bumpers are the same stuff.  It's rare in this hobby for two suppliers to be making exactly the same sheetmetal item and the complaints about them are all the same. 

I like to see a pic of a rear Goodmark bumper installed, It needs to be a good pic taken straight on from the rear of the vehicle. The reason I say this, there is a glaring error on every AMD rear bumper, I notice it on pics posted on this site, my car's bumper has the same flaw (I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned it on here). I would like to see if the Goodmark bumper has the same flaw...if it does, I would think they are made from the same tooling.

I'm not bashing AMD, for 300 bucks a pop, they look better than crusty originals and a whole lot cheaper than rechroming, but like I said earlier, they are far from perfect.

Jason