News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 (SE) project;

Started by plumcrazy021, June 29, 2014, 10:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumcrazy021

I bought my car about 10 years now in Washington and have just started the project and so far everything is going as scheduled. The plan is for paint by october..  :cheers:

VegasCharger

Welcome aboard  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Looks like a solid car to start with  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Let me know if you need any help via internet Q&A's
I've owned two of these thru my life time and recently parted out one.
However ODZKing & Nacho are the real experts on these cars.

plumcrazy021

Will do. This is the 3rd one I've owned as well and the only one i'm going this far with....

72Charger-SE

Looks like a great starting point.  I don't see any 'normal' rust areas that will need to be replaced so that will save alot of time.  I am definitely going to be watching this build as I am hoping to get mine to paint in the fall as well.   We will see...   Life seems to 'redirect' my time more often than not.  :)
Welcome aboard & GOD Bless!

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: plumcrazy021 on June 29, 2014, 10:38:36 PM
I bought my car about 10 years now in Washington and have just started the project and so far everything is going as scheduled. The plan is for paint by october..  :cheers:

I love the humor of this post.
- bought car about 10 years ago
- Just started the project
- going as scheduled

:cheers:
Looks like a solid body for sure.  Be sure to post after paint!  What is the paint color?  Original?
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

plumcrazy021

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on June 30, 2014, 10:50:29 AM
Quote from: plumcrazy021 on June 29, 2014, 10:38:36 PM

I love the humor of this post.
- bought car about 10 years ago
- Just started the project
- going as scheduled

:cheers:
Looks like a solid body for sure.  Be sure to post after paint!  What is the paint color?  Original?

LOL yea it does sound kinda quorky.. The car started out baby blue with dark blue interior. The interior was wiped out. My plan is to go plum crazy outside with black top and black interior. I've spent the last few years finding all the interior parts and exterior parts that the car didn't have or was in need of replacing. Now that i'm close to having everything it's time to start.   :2thumbs:

Pat1973charger

Looks like a good project, wish my 73 was that solid it's so bad I'm questioning my sanity good luck !

EccentricMagpies

;)
I kinda get caught up picturing this baby blue with a rallye stripe.
:drool5:

The plan with the purple and black will look great!!  Popular choice I think.
What is the plan with the drivetrain?
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

1973rallye

Another 73 rescued. Gotta love it. Ten years, you don't say. Sounds like my story. Good luck, keep the photos coming.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker