News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 Charger RT??? What the ____?!?!

Started by CornDogsCharger, March 18, 2006, 09:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

Ok, So I'm cruising down the highway to pick up an engine stand at the local Habor Freight (aka: China-Mart) and I pass this small used car lot.  Sitting out front is a beautiful '68 Roadrunner.  So I pull off to look at it.  While looking at the RR I notice a red 66-67 Charger out back that needs to be restored.  Not wanting to snoop too much... I got about as close to it as possible.  I noticed that it had an R/T on the driver's side headlight door and one on each quarter panel just like the '67 Coronet RTs did.  So I started to walk back to my truck and I noticed a man who worked there.  I went over to talk with him about the two cars.  While asking about the Charger he told me that it was a '67 and that they were going to restore it.  I told him that I had a '66 and then he went on to tell me that it was a '67 RT Charger.  I started to call him out on it... so I said, "I've been a big Charger guy for a long time and I've never heard of a '67 RT".  He went on to say that he thought the same thing, but he has been doing research on the car and actually found some information stating that Chrysler produced about 660 of these cars.  Now we've all run into "that guy" that will swear up and down about something and you know they are full of it.  But this guy didn't come across as "that guy"... he seemed really confident in what he was saying.... SO.... what it is the truth... I know Chrysler is well known for doing crazy stuff sometimes.  Maybe this is one of them. 

Did Chrysler ever produce a '67 Charger RT??

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Silver R/T

none that I know of, most likely a guy that was mislead by someone.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

greenpigs

Quote from: Silver R/T on March 18, 2006, 10:01:08 PM
none that I know of, most likely a guy that was mislead by someone.

HELL freezes over, Silver is right for once.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

:icon_bs:  He's been misled.  By the production number, I'm guessing that it was a 440 car but as far as being an RT, no.  Go back and check the vin.  I'll bet it's XP just like all the other Chargers in 66 and 67, if it's XS, I'll be the first to eat crow.

Silver R/T

He didnt stuck on stripe on the back did he lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

6pkrunner

He has been mislead by a very good con man. Or the guy that mislead him was also mislead by a better con man. someo hastaken the emblems of a '67 Coronet R/T and installed them on the Charger. The same shape to the 1/4 panel.

Headrope

Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin