News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 quick question

Started by Stegs, July 07, 2014, 08:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegs

My 727 seems to be surging around 40-45 ish......never does it at slower or faster speeds....just right in that area

Its like it wants to go faster or slower....im thinking its the converter locking up and unlocking.....does this sound right?

On a side note....what kind of maintenance does the 727hd take? Fluid flush? New filter? Drain and refill?

A383Wing

no lock up converter in a 727....

maintenance for trans is filter change, drain converter, and adjust bands to specs

Stegs

Quote from: A383Wing on July 07, 2014, 08:33:42 PM

maintenance for trans is filter change, drain converter, and adjust bands to specs

thank you!

Back N Black

Are you sure its a trans surge and not a engine surge?

Stegs

Quote from: Back N Black on July 08, 2014, 07:13:17 AM
Are you sure its a trans surge and not a engine surge?

nope, not at all...it feels like it either wants to go faster or slower....but it gets in this "zone" and I can hear it and feel it in the pedal

its like the car hates cruising at 45 mph.

fy469rtse

After service , also check adjustment on kick down lever, make sure that's not coming in to play ,

John_Kunkel

Quote from: A383Wing on July 07, 2014, 08:33:42 PM

Sure there was...from '78 to the end of production. The OP didn't state the year of his trans.

Once the trans is in top gear there are no bands involved.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Stegs on July 08, 2014, 10:38:17 AM
its like the car hates cruising at 45 mph.

Try disconnecting the vacuum advance on your distributor and plug the port off on your carb so there's no vacuum leak.  :yesnod:

Report back with your results.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

469 runner

Yes, firefighter is right with the above suggestion.  May be a lean surge as well.  What type of carburetor are you using?

Stegs

Quote from: 469 runner on July 08, 2014, 03:01:09 PM
Yes, firefighter is right with the above suggestion.  May be a lean surge as well.  What type of carburetor are you using?

factory carb...nothing special by any means ...just your standard carb on a 440

I will do some looking into it this week/weekend....I got a few other items to look over first

A383Wing

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 08, 2014, 01:42:11 PM

Sure there was...from '78 to the end of production. The OP didn't state the year of his trans.

Once the trans is in top gear there are no bands involved.

he has a 69...but you knew that

Stegs

Would a exhaust leak at the manifold/start of exhaust pipe have any negative effect.?

Just curious b.c my gasket is gone at the connection.....

A383Wing

no....I still agree you have a lean carb or timing issue

Stegs

Quote from: A383Wing on July 08, 2014, 09:54:10 PM
no....I still agree you have a lean carb or timing issue

ok...no problem...I will get that done too LOL

old cars....fun to drive...but there is always something to fix  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

John_Kunkel

Quote from: A383Wing on July 08, 2014, 03:56:23 PM
he has a 69...but you knew that

No, I didn't and people retrofit all sorts of things.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.