News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mixing your own racing fuel

Started by derailed, April 05, 2006, 12:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derailed

Just curious if anyone heres does this or tried it. I read this article on mixing toluene with gas to boost octane and it seems like a pretty cheap way to go for an octane boost if done right. Almost seems to easy. There several other articles out there suggesting the same method.

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/audi/toluene.html

Chryco Psycho

Tolulene wil raise octane , I have not tried it though 

Ghoste

Didn't we get into a big discussion about this not long ago?

471_Magnum

Just don't get it on your paint!

Start buying it in bulk and you can probably expect an ATF agent to come knocking on your door.

It has been covered here and in other forums on several occasions in the past.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

derailed

Nothing came up when I did a search on it. Must have been on the old sight.

Ghoste

It was on the 66-67 Charger forum now that I think of it.  Like Magnum says, it's been covered aplenty.

73Charger

I've used this with my race car that runs nitrous. I buy it in quart cans at home depot. If you run a seperate fuel cell, you can keep the octane high in that and keep your gas tank for "regular" gas.  Smells a bit but runs like hell. Its sold with the floor strippers, etc. harder to find these days. xylene also works.
1973 Charger SE 318 060 over, edel 1405, added elec choke, Mallory CD Ignition, Hdrs, to Dual Ravin Exhaust, Go-Wing
Restoring for cruising. I drive her during the summer.

Ghoste

The father of one of my daughter's friends is supposed to be some kind of engineer at Ethyl Corp.  Next time I run into him, I'll try and remember to ask him about this.

derailed

Quote from: 73Charger on June 03, 2006, 10:00:10 AM
I've used this with my race car that runs nitrous. I buy it in quart cans at home depot. If you run a seperate fuel cell, you can keep the octane high in that and keep your gas tank for "regular" gas.  Smells a bit but runs like hell. Its sold with the floor strippers, etc. harder to find these days. xylene also works.
I saw it on the shelf when I was at blowes buying muriatic acid and was tempted to try it. What ratio do you run it in your race car?

73Charger

My Fuel Recipes
1 gal p 128 oz of boost
   100 toluene, 25 mineral spirits,3 tranyfld
XYLENE   R+ M/2 = 117
with 92 octane...
   10% 94.5
   20    97.0
   30    99.5

Courtesy of http://FindFastCars.com   :devil:
1973 Charger SE 318 060 over, edel 1405, added elec choke, Mallory CD Ignition, Hdrs, to Dual Ravin Exhaust, Go-Wing
Restoring for cruising. I drive her during the summer.