News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen vs 3rd Gen Steering box shaft splines?

Started by timmycharger, June 27, 2015, 09:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

Got a Firm Feel box, they suggested the 3rd gen box, said it would fit. My steering coupler feels super loose and the wheel feels like its stripping, not grabbing the splines. Are they two different sizes?  I don't have the pin in but you can see that it would slide between the two splined parts.

ODZKing

Yes, got one on my 67 ... you need the third gen Pitman Arm (I think it is). Spline is different than 1st and 2nd gen.

timmycharger

Thanks for the reply, the pitman arm part is all set, I got one with the box, I was referring to the splines on the top, the part that attacth to the pot on the end of the column. Its almost like the splines on the pot are too big.

70 sublime

I would think they are all the same size splines

I swapped a 72 Charger power steering box into a 69 Charger and the coupler on the 69 fit fine

Last week I was putting another steering column in a 69 Charger and did not have a coupler for the end and ended up pulling one off a 73 Imperial and it fit fine also

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green