News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think of these wheels? Boyd&Foose

Started by Mopar2Ya, February 26, 2006, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar2Ya

I'm trying to find a wheel that isn't over used or ghetto. These two seem to be in the running. What is the widest wheel I can use one my '70? I've read/been told that 7" in the front & 8" in the back is safe, but wider is pushing for rub. is this true? I've searched here & read some guys are using 10" in the rear w/some rub issues, is 9" or 8.5" also to wide on the street? & is 8" to wide up front? Let me know what you think. Heres the links for pics:
http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=wheels&action=view_model&model=Nitrous%20Black
http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/listproducts.asp?cat=101131
http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/listproducts.asp?cat=101159

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Blown70

I like the JYD's

Also, if you search there are some threads.  WIth the right BS you should get a 10" under there.

Tom

Brock Samson

I think those wheels would look awsome with a black second gen... & some minor correctable tweaks, like how Tom (Mefirst) polished out his stainless rear facia, and blacked out his grill for example... sometrhing edgy... ya know?..
but i don't know your car... is it black?..
any pics?..

Mopar2Ya

My '70 is hemi orange w/black stripes & callouts(not on yet). I deleted the vinyl top ( I know...I kinda miss it already...but it can be redone). I was thinking about getting polished center caps for the black ones. I still have to get down & measure to see what width I can use. The Foose Challengers are very pricie.   :yesnod:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Brock Samson

im picturing Johnnys' (formula440s') car,.. I think it would work, i like the gloss black trim idea...  :icon_smile_wink:

Mopar2Ya

I think my stripes & callouts are satin black(I bought them over a yr ago...no memory..). Here is a link to a pic of my car in progress. I can't repost a pic I've already posted for whatever reason.?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9361.msg119021.html#msg119021

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Brock Samson

probably still look great with the satin black, but i'm fond of all the trim matching,.. err,.. and if, say you were to have all the black stuff painted on in gloss and clear coated with those wheels it sure the heck would be an ourtstanding and subtle combo,.. of course you could go the other way,.. and have the wheels finished in satin black to match your stripes and call outs,..

I saw the pics of your ride, though, and what ever ya do that babys gonna ROCK!  :o

often the reason ya can't repost pcs is because you need to "rename" the jpg file..

Mopar2Ya

Some blurry computer mock ups. My car has no vinyl top.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

I like the Junk Yard Dogs.   I see the photoshop examples you made, and you said before you were trying to stay away from ghetto.  I also see you are using a tall rim and low profile tire.    The thing is, IMO, that does look a little ghetto, only because the front rim is the same height as the back.  If you want to avoid ghetto, but want a tall rim and low pro. tire, try making the front one not quite as tall, that will still make the car look like a muscle car and not ghetto,  :Twocents:    Just my opinion.
   Here is a photo shop I made,  wrong year car I know, and not quite as low profile tires, made if for another thread, but sort of what I am trying to describe.  I made the front rim a little less taller than the rear.   More hotrod, less ghetto. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

bull

I like the 2nd choice for an orange car but I think black rims (1st choice) would be a little too Halloween or Cincinnati Bengals for my taste. The third choice looks pretty goofy to me no matter what the color. They look like '70 rallyes that got pumped full of helium.

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 08, 2006, 02:31:22 AM
  I like the Junk Yard Dogs.   I see the photoshop examples you made, and you said before you were trying to stay away from ghetto.  I also see you are using a tall rim and low profile tire.    The thing is, IMO, that does look a little ghetto, only because the front rim is the same height as the back.  If you want to avoid ghetto, but want a tall rim and low pro. tire, try making the front one not quite as tall, that will still make the car look like a muscle car and not ghetto,  :Twocents:    Just my opinion.
   Here is a photo shop I made,  wrong year car I know, and not quite as low profile tires, made if for another thread, but sort of what I am trying to describe.  I made the front rim a little less taller than the rear.   More hotrod, less ghetto. 

Yes, the car will definitely be a little more ghetto that it would be w/stock 14-15 inch wheels. The pics are rough, I'm definitely going to add some rake. I'm thinking 18x9 rear & 17x8 up front. Thanks for the help I still can't make up my mind.  :shruggy: The size may be a factor the foose aren't made in as many variations.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Bandit72

i dont' care for them myself..especially in anything bigger than 16"...sorry i don't want it to look like i'm driving a hotwheels car...

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....