News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wiring help please!?

Started by Rayman2, March 24, 2006, 09:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayman2

hey all you mopar junkies much like myself . i have a little dilema . ok im rewiring my 72 dodge charger with a painless harness and ive got all the wires figured out except for 1! dammit its pissin me off lol. ok on your headlight switch theres like 6 or 7 wires , one of those wires it TAN and i have a mitchell and read it a million in one times now and still cant figure out what this blasted wire really does !? can anyone help me if you just need a diagram i have on i can post please help soon car so close to completion... i just dont know about this wire if it needs power or what ya know ?

phat69charger

I looked up the 90501 Harness and and it looked like it goes to low beam dimmer POS page 31.

http://www.painlesswiring.com/Manuals/90501Manual.pdf

AKcharger

Hope that helps Ray

Thanks for that Manual Phat...I just solved a problem on my '70; I bought a replacement relay  for the "key in buzzer" but could never find the connector, also the gear shift light never worked...I read "the painless harness does not support these items" Well know I know I wasn't stupid...wonder why it wasn't supported?

Thanks!

71_deputy

TAN wire goes to the fuse block- then goes to the dash dimmer for the dash lights.
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

phat69charger

Looks like a diagram on page 26 and 27 of that PDF link shows the wire your talking about.

Rayman2

hey yeah that helped some thnks alot man appreciate it