News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

chrome hood springs

Started by darkside, May 18, 2014, 09:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

Has anyone took their hood hinges and springs and had them chrome plated?Was thinking about having mine done and was
wondering if the chrome  would hold up?

A383Wing

I would not....the movement of the springs & hinges rubbing each other will crack the plating....on a nice painted car, chrome hinges do not look good...my opinion

and the little chrome hood spring sitting out there all alone looks bad to...again....my opinion

twodko

IMO......nasty and ghetto. Body color or black if you have to.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

comet_666

Mine are chrome, but they are the lightweight ones because of the fiberglass hood.

twodko

Are those new shoes and wheels I see? Beautiful car from what I can see of it, what is the color?

comet_666

Yes sir!
It's a 2008 Porsche Cayenne Marine Blue Metallic

comet_666

More hinge shots, sorry about the blur.

twodko

That color is uber elegant!

comet_666

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bill440rt

Quote from: Patronus on May 19, 2014, 11:29:42 PM
http://ringbrothers.com/1966-1970-b-body-billet-hood-hinge-kit-air-frame-783.html

:scratchchin:

Check out the ones from Fesler as well:
http://www.shopfesler.com/dodge-charger-1966-1970-billet-hood-hinges-pair/

Ring Bros also makes them in a solid style, and in different finishes.
Had numerous problems with the gas struts on the Ring Bros hinges. Went thru about 4 sets, finally they had to custom make a pair of struts with enough charge to hold up the hood. And this was a STOCK '69 Charger hood.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Lord Warlock

I've got one that bill sold me (I think) and I think its chromed, or polished, not sure what i'm going to do with it since the other side is painted stock color, may end up painting both black.  Chrome hinge looks nice but is out of place in a stock looking engine bay. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.