News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to do with those old engine parts...

Started by Charger_Fan, March 15, 2006, 11:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Other than wanting to do an engine table out of some old engine block, I've also been hanging onto a couple bad cranks, with the idea in mind of making a lamp or something. Well, it appears that this guy had the idea years before I did! ;D

http://www.campbelllevydesigns.com/index.html

I forgot who it was here that has a fully assembled engine in their garage being used as a corner piece. ???

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Fan

Oh, here's the table I was talking about, in case someone hasn't seen it.

I've decided to definitely do one of these this summer...out of a ventilated 390 block. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

That lamp is really cool, I'd use one in my living room.  :2thumbs:

I didn't forget the turntable btw, I'm still in hunting mode.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Silver R/T

just scrap metal and then have extra $$ to put into parts
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Doc74

Love the table, maybe not in the living room but it would fit nicely in my imaginary loft above the imaginary shop....

I remember on Top Gear, the UK car show, the presenter had porsche seats converted into a salon while keeping the working electrics and the engine was similarly placed under glass, neat stuff, like cutting an old mini in half, placing it against the wall and use one end as an entertainment center and the other as the bar.Did so for a friend once and it's superb.
I love the bottles in the engine, you need some functionality  :icon_smile_big:

John_Kunkel

Here's a lamp I made from an old aircraft engine cylinder:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 15, 2006, 04:16:58 PM
That's pretty cool! Is that from a radial style engine?

Moparz, that's fine...still not in a big rush. ;D

Telvis

Once my car is finished I might try to make one of those tables. Thats really cool. We are thinking about moving in the next year or so. I am going to try to get me a man room somewhere in the house. That table would fit right in.

hemihead

When I was 23 I had a pair of 440 Blocks for end tables.Wish I still had them!  :icon_smile_cool:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

John_Kunkel

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 15, 2006, 09:21:47 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 15, 2006, 04:16:58 PM
That's pretty cool! Is that from a radial style engine?

No, it's from a Franklin flat four or six.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.