News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

good deal for 383 + 4 speed?

Started by austinpalibroda, March 18, 2006, 12:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinpalibroda

my buddy has a 68 dodge half ton. ugly as hell, fairly rusty and all but its got a 383 magnum and a 4 speed with a pistol grip in it, and a 3.91 sure grip... he says the motor and tranny came out of a challenger, but who knows for sure... i want to buy it from him anyways, even if its not a magnum, it still rips and the 4 speed with the pistol grip would be greattt to get a hold of for one of my cars someday. i could easily get the truck with everything for $1000 (canadian).  seems like a good deal to me!
Canadian Mopar Boy.

Troy

I'd say it's a pretty good deal. You can get a 383 and 23-spline trans for about that amount (or slightly less) but, in this case, you know it all works AND it has a 3.91 SG rear. Plus you'll have a lot of the linkages, bolts, bellhousing, and other odds and ends that make a swap a real pain. I'm not sure if the shifter will work in a car (unless he stuck the car one in the truck) and the z-bar, pedals, and clutch rod should be different. It really depends on how it was converted I guess. I'd grab it and then be stuck figuring out what to do with the rest of the truck...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

austinpalibroda

yeah i cant pass it up but i know he wont sell it to anyone other than me, i talked to him about it a couple times.  i'll just get the truck and worry about everything else later, at least i'll have it then! the shifter looks like it came out of an early 70s challenger or something, its got the smaller handle, but then again i dunno much about 4 speeds and what works and doesnt yet... i've driven it a few times and it runs good and doesnt feel too worn out. he never drives it, just bought it and its sits there.
Canadian Mopar Boy.