News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my daytona "clone

Started by ernie, February 28, 2014, 05:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ernie

lots more pix

ernie

another

ernie

another

earnie

Quote from: ernie on February 28, 2014, 06:26:17 PM
another
looks like there is a second winger in there in the background   :drool5:  :drool5:

JB400

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Indygenerallee

Chevy hood on it... that ruined it for me.... :eek2:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

wingcarenvy

This car looks like the one that was being built by the guy that i bought my superbird clone from. Yep thats him.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,65185.msg853391.html#msg853391

Restoron

I have been on this site many times but this caught my eye and I thought I would chime in,I bought 2 cars from this guy 5 months ago, didn't have the problem you had but it was odd dealing with him, sorry to hear of your mess. I did see this black/red wing car getting loaded for transport to australia, very nice car, very nice all around, engine compartment, dash, suspension, really a work of art, even the trunk had the correct jack, holddown, wing brackets, cable, the paint is very nice,  the door mechanisms are all cad plated, the motor looked first rate, suspension all powder coated and perfect, k frame with skid plate,  nose and all the components headlight buckets all really nice, dana, 4 speed, nos leaf springs, torque boxes, unbelievable detail, (car looked better than any one of them ever did new, it wasn't done stock but was very nice) the guy in charge of the shop( not the owner of the cars)  told me the owner did all the work himself except for the paint,  didn't deal with owner much but his work sure is nice. He has an unbelievable collection of cars. the other guy there, Shaun, he kinda walked me around the place real quick, he knew a lot about all the cars and said they all ran but had been sitting in other locations for quite a while, and there were more somewhere else, he rattled them off like an idiot sevant of muscle cars,  as we walked through the buildings, he kept saying not too may people get to come in here,( he must have said that 20 times) I was in 2 buildings both of them large steel buildings( the buildings were nice as well) and they were both jammed packed full of cars, a bunch of cudas, converts and hardtops, 69-70 chargers, roadrunners, a few hemi's of each model, some original some 440 swaps, also a bunch of six pak stuff, challangers and 2 lift off hood cars, as well as 2 superbirds way in the back and a very nice turquoise with a silver wing Daytona also( which i was told had a 605 inch aluminum hemi in it! he wasn't quite done with that car, they were building a intercooler for the dual turbo system he was possibly going to install!!?? cooling problems was all he said at that point), a supercharged Hemi 70 GTX, a supercharged 71 Hemi Cuda( not original hemi cars), but both really nice, they were sitting up front,  some of the cars are covered but mostly not but they are all very dusty, some sitting on flat tires, there were mostly mopars in one building but everything else you could imagine in the other building, 69 & 70 mach1s 2 boss 429s, shakers hood Tornio's, 442 olds ,Stage 1 Buicks, and a lot of chevys, 55-57's, a bunch of chevelles( 2 450 horse models, whatever that means?) and a few Camaros, some 66-67 style vettes scattered in there, also 70/71(?) trans ams, they were all lined up in rows but were all covered in dust and again some with flat tires. there were also some very cool WWII aircraft engines on display stands, some covered some not, again very dusty, some motorcycles, also a early 70's mach 1 funny car with a blown sohc motor( whatever that is?) there was also a 64( I think?, Shaun talked really fast and the faster he talked the faster he walked) Comet with the same motor in it, done in the 60's and just recently discovered,the place is big, is was dry but very dusty and dark.  Shaun didn't turn all the lights on when we were in there, so there was some I couldn't see. I wasn't allowed to take any pictures, but the shop manager, Gerry, told me when they get all the "stackers" put in I could come back. I asked both of them as well as the owner what he did for a living, but I never did find out.  I got a strange feeling that I had overstayed my welcome as they were shoeing me out of the building and off the property, which in itself is secluded and shows no outward appearance of cars or anything automotive, in fact they are non descript big steel buildings. I called him back about a month ago but was told he was on tour(??) and never heard back from him.         

wingcarenvy

He didn't do any of his own work only some assembly. The pics of the car aren't in any of the three garages he had. I see he sold off everthing he owned through dealers. The paint and body on that daytona was second to none thats for sure. I met and dealt with the painter, who BTW had a B5 Superbird of his own, and he was top notch for sure. He did the Superbird clone that I bought from him. I dont know who Ernie is but his writing style leads me to believe thats Doug. I doubt you dealt with Doug.

FJ5WING

That's a sweet looking ride for sure! :drool5:
wingless now, but still around.