News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Late 69 brake proportioning valve or distribution block

Started by fy469rtse, March 04, 2014, 12:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

HELP , took this proportioning valve apart, fixed all the ills when this was slapped together by who ever re manufacturers these for the resto market
It's the dual valve set up , the first valve is the larger distribution valve,
All that's wrong with this brand new valve is the bottom bright finished plug, these seal with an O Ring, found fractures in mine , hair line cracks, leaked under pressure
Asking for members to go through there old junk and see if you have one of these plugs on an old proportioning valve or distribution valve, you can see shots of theses on my build tread, it's the larger of the two and the bright bottom plug,
Reason I'm asking is that it has fine thread most likely unc but in a unusually larger size, it's hollow inside and that is to support a rubber and spring against,
Have exhausted all options and wrecking yards over here, it's an American part made for dodge ,
So hoping for help from all the good guys on this thread, will pay and for shipping ,

fy469rtse

fy469rtse

Passion4Mopars

This what you're looking for?  Jerry found one in the shop yesterday and emailed the photos over to me 

fy469rtse

That's the one Kim , you wouldn't believe how a small part like that , could cause so much grieve and be so bad on a brand new part ,
let me know how much and your PayPal account so I can pay you
And many thanks again , your a life saver

fy469rtse

Anyone spoken to Kim at passion for mopars, posted photos of the part I need but I can't seem to get hold of them , emails go un replied to,

fy469rtse

All good, Kim has sent part, WARNING to all you guys on , don't assume all is good just because its a new part, the bottom plug I posted in photo's , I sat it there so it looked correct for anyone helping find one,
It was actually In two, it seals with an O ring, but had been over tightened I'm assuming, because once I had bleed brakes this started to leak, went to check it was tight and it tuned easily, i mean really easily backed it off , this plug was finger tight, and let the fluid drain from block, cleaned up the mess,
And went to examine part, plug only had a couple of lines of thread, ? What the , got a lead light and looked up in the block, the rest of the threaded section was still up in the block, who ever assembled this over tightened it, maybe knew maybe didn't , but finished it and packed it,
Now I'm not assuming anything with this part now, lot of stuff had to come off this side of the engine so I could get this block off , took it off and pulled it apart, not impressed, another potential leak , under the top brass extension where one of the lines from master cylinder, brass washer had a nick in it and a large burr, not a hope of that sealing either, What a P ITA , but over that now and glad that I found out this way instead of when I needed brakes to work .
So don't assume guys, especially on brake or safety parts