News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spokane members, any opinions on Tripleplate Chrome?

Started by bull, February 23, 2014, 06:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I may get my wing window frames rechromed and I may use Tripleplate in Spokane because my brother lives up there now. Any reviews on the place? It's kinda sparse for chrome shops here in hippieville so I will be looking at places beyond the 1-2 here.

http://www.tripleplatechrome.com/

twodko

Bull,

Have you googled any MOPAR clubs in Spokane or Washington? Maybe locals
would have the lowdown on the operation.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bull

No, but that's a good idea. I know there's a few Spokane members here who mighr have used them

RECHRGD

Triple Plate has a good rep..  Pricey, but good.  I used another shop for my bumpers over 15 years ago and they still look like new.  They were half the price and guaranteed them for as long as you owned the car.  They didn't do the work themselves and shipped them out for the replating.  I'll check back in my receipts tomorrow and let you know if their still in business.....
13.53 @ 105.32

RECHRGD

Quote from: RECHRGD on February 23, 2014, 09:46:42 PM
Triple Plate has a good rep..  Pricey, but good.  I used another shop for my bumpers over 15 years ago and they still look like new.  They were half the price and guaranteed them for as long as you owned the car.  They didn't do the work themselves and shipped them out for the replating.  I'll check back in my receipts tomorrow and let you know if their still in business.....

Sorry, looks like the place I used no longer exists.  Triple Plate is good though....
13.53 @ 105.32

bull

Silver R/T

There's another business that does bumpers. Supposed to be pretty good. They did buddy's Charger bumpers and they look pretty good.
Allied Plating Inc
509-534-0456
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Well, my brother is moving back to Portland in about a week so there goes my quality control as far as Spokane is concerned.

Cooter

I have to laugh when I hear someone at a car show say "triple plated chrome"...
I researched this and ALL Chrome is a "triple plate" process. Copper, Nickel, and Chrome.

The Copper/Nickel is what gives the shine, the Chrome is just like a Clear anodizing over the Nickel to keep it from tarnishing. No matter how many times you "Dip" that piece in "Chrome", it will not be "Triple plated" With "Chrome"..

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ws23rt

Quote from: Cooter on March 01, 2014, 08:17:21 PM
I have to laugh when I hear someone at a car show say "triple plated chrome"...
I researched this and ALL Chrome is a "triple plate" process. Copper, Nickel, and Chrome.

The Copper/Nickel is what gives the shine, the Chrome is just like a Clear anodizing over the Nickel to keep it from tarnishing. No matter how many times you "Dip" that piece in "Chrome", it will not be "Triple plated" With "Chrome"..

Thanks for that--Terms like "Triple plated" are for the general public just a sales term that sound good :lol:
And like has been said a good plating job is like a good paint job. Short cuts will not give quality.