News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat bracket location

Started by SUPERSTAR14, February 18, 2014, 07:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUPERSTAR14

Hi all,

Im looking for the correct location for bucket seat brackets..... Anyone have pics or measurements or both?
My car is an aborted project and previous owner did not mark location. :brickwall:

Thanks,
-Pat

green69rt

What car?  Pics of your floor would help.

SUPERSTAR14

Sorry, I guess i forgot that. .....
It's a 69. There are 4 brackets/ plates that attach to the floor for bucket seats. I assume they are reinforcements.

sanders7981

I just installed my bucket seats a few days ago.  I didn't measure mine precisely, but yes the brackets are reinforcement plates for the buckets.  They go near the transmission tunnel.  However, the holes drilled closest to the door will actually match up with the holes in the floor reinforce to under the car.  You could line up the bracket and then measure from there. 

SUPERSTAR14

Thanks, I'll look into that this weekend.
-Pat

fy469rtse

Have a look at green69rt build thread , slight differences to the brackets to the out side of floor, he posted. Lot of photos on this area when he was replacing floor.

BROCK

Are there not dimples in the stock floorpan for where those bolt holes belong?

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

sanders7981

Quote from: fy469rtse on February 19, 2014, 07:18:18 PM
Have a look at green69rt build thread , slight differences to the brackets to the out side of floor, he posted. Lot of photos on this area when he was replacing floor.

Good call, I have referred to his page quite a bit.

Quote from: BROCK on February 19, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
Are there not dimples in the stock floorpan for where those bolt holes belong?

Stock pans, I don't know.  Aftermarket, AMD, pans... No.  There are holes for front bench seats, and the reinforcement plates are already welded in, but not drilled.  I had to plug the bench seat holes as they do not match up with the bucket seat holes drilled where the reinforcement plates are to be installed.