News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any input on AMD B-Body front frame rails?

Started by SublimeRT, February 20, 2014, 03:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SublimeRT

Hi, has anyone used the AMD B-body front frame rails on any of their projects? I'm wondering how the fitment and accuracy was.

I'm working on a '68 Charger that needs a drivers front frame rail.  Had an OEM replacement off another '68 Charger and it was rusting out in the same area as the one on the car; right under the master cylinder and around the brake hose bracket. 

Thanks

green69rt

I used the AMD front rails.   A few comments.   When I got mine they had a layer of something that looked like dirt UNDER the EDP, so take time to inspect.  If I had known that at delivery I would have returned them.   Ended up striping them.   Also the shock tower comes loose, not attached, so you have to do that yourself, so make sure you set up a jig or something to get everything back together correctly before cutting!  That shock tower position is important to final alignment.   Otherwise, they seemed to fit fine.

SublimeRT

Great that's good to hear.  I saw that the shock tower comes unattached.  I was thinking of leaving the original shock tower as it is not rusted. 

Mike DC

The AMD steel quality is lightyears better than most other repro Asian stuff but I don't think the alloy is quite 100% OEM.  It's close though. 

If you're choosing between a completely spotless original piece from Arizona or AMD, you might choose the original.  Otherwise the AMD will be at least as good as what you can dig up & transplant after 45 years in most climates.