News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Feeling nostalgic today... Has anybody seen my old 70 Charger 500?

Started by paironines, February 16, 2014, 12:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paironines

Yes, I do this every one or two years. Not sure if its cabin fever but I sometimes wonder what happened to this old car.....  I sold it to a kid and his dad near Ft Wayne, IN in about 1998 or 99. It was a green 318 car with 360 engine and no vinyl top. White interior with a black drivers seat & console auto, non A/C car. Very, very rusty. May have been fixed or parted by now (hope not) but who knows. Any info would be appreciated even if not for sale. Just wanting to know if its still out there. Thanks!
Ben
I don't remember the VIN but I'm wondering if Allstate would still have it on file after all these years? Maybe my mom might have records hmm......

DTB

I'm sure it's not the same but this 70 is in Southern IN. Looks kind of similar tho.

paironines

That car has always reminded me of mine and seeing your pics in the other thread kinda made me decide to post my thread.

DTB

Yeah,the paint is faded kind of the same. Pretty ironic seeing two 70's within 200 miles like that.

JB400

Junkyard version looks like it has vinyl top.  I doubt if they're the same car.

jaak

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 16, 2014, 01:27:39 PM
Junkyard version looks like it has vinyl top.  I doubt if they're the same car.

That's what I was thinking looks sorta like its got a vinyl top on it.

Jason

Ram07

I've been going through the same thing, although not a Charger...it was bought used, had work done to it... some kind of Coronet that my Dad gave me...I thought it may be a Superbee, but no..had the triple tail light thing going on, had a grill of a Coronet 500, but, had those hood scoops on it...there was a stripe on the back...at one time...and it had a 440...thinking an R/T, sold it locally, last saw it years and years ago. Probably crushed I suppose..my fathers wallet is being sent to me...there is and old insurance paper with the vin...hopefully it's still out there...Don't think so...anyway...

The junkyard Charger does not match up to the pics you have...

paironines

No definately not the same car. My 500 was once parked in the jy driveway within 50 yards of where the yard car sits. Many moons ago...

chargerboy69

I am in Fort Wayne, there are a couple 70's running around.

I can do some asking around. Original green with white interior?
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

paironines

Yes, thanks! Green with white interior. Drivers door jamb striker had heavy welding on it, street signs for floor pans and some holes in lower firewall from aftermarket A/C. 

myk

Are you trying bring the car back into your life?

Meanwhile, I can't help but think of the previous owner of my car.  I wonder if he ever got another Charger?  Did he get into something else?  Did he allow his wife to ruin that part of his life as well?  Ah well....

paironines

Id feel good if it was still around.  Secondly, I might try to buy it if the stars aligned in my favor. 

69bronzeT5

Quote from: myk on February 16, 2014, 06:52:57 PM
Are you trying bring the car back into your life?

Meanwhile, I can't help but think of the previous owner of my car.  I wonder if he ever got another Charger?  Did he get into something else?  Did he allow his wife to ruin that part of his life as well?  Ah well....

I talk to the original owner of my Charger occasionally. He never bought another Charger and regrets having to trade mine in back in 1975 for a station wagon. I talk to the last owner I bought it off of all the time. He's got 2 1969 R/Ts now. I just found out the second owner lives 5 minutes from my house.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic