News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Part number? for 5/16 3M Butyl tape (square)

Started by Lord Warlock, February 13, 2014, 05:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Looking to see if anyone knows the part number for 3M butyl tape in a 5/16 square instead of the round?  Local parts guys need a part number if possible and i'm not having luck finding it online, I've seen it online before so know they sell it.  Tried using 3/8 and it was too tall for the trim to fit on, so pulled it off and now want to try 5/16, and the square will maintain shape better i think than the round would.  

Already have a tube of urethane from 3M which i plan on using along the edge of the glass, just to ensure a solid seal.  But want to use butyl tape if possible.  Have to resolve the situation before wednesday of next week. 

appreciate it.  

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Highbanked Hauler

Strictly my opinion, but I  use 3/8 so you have plenty of material to seal tight. When that gets in the hot sun its going to soften and  squash down a little. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Lord Warlock

I tried 3/8, and couldn't get the window trim on, so pulled it to try again now that the windshield is going in soon.  Car hasn't been in full sunlight for 7 years so can't pull it out just to set the back window.  When we pulled the rear glass last time I got the impression the previous seal was fairly thin, could have been just a bead of urethane or the original butyl squashed pretty flat, it didn't leak before so can only hope it doesn't leak this time.

Thanks for the part number, definitely looks like what i was looking for, was hoping Windo-Weld had a kit that included the rubber spacer blocks, last kit i got only had one, needs two. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.