News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2014 charger grille removal

Started by Joshua370, February 06, 2014, 08:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua370

How do I remove the black on Chrome grille piece? Not the honey comb in the back just the front

twodko

No such thing as a 2014 charger.  :nana:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bull

JB400

Are you sure it's actually chrome underneath?  The factory makes black grilles and/or chrome grilles for those cars.  If you're talking about the black paint in between the chrome on the cross hairs, I don't think you could safely remove it without screwing up the chrome underneath.  It's just chromed plastic, and I doubt if it's very durable.  I recommend maybe using a bright silver paint to paint the black accent to where it looks close to chrome or removing the whole grille and having it all chromed, if that is the look that you're looking for.

If you want to try to remove it, mineral spirits and some fine steel wool might be your best bet.  You don't want to use a heavy duty paint stripper.  It might eat the plastic and/or damage the chrome.

Joshua370

I order the grille with the black matte finish and I wanted to swap it out with the one with the black/chrome finish

JB400

You should be able to unbolt the bumper cover and unbolt the grille from the backside of it.  Then, it's just a matter of bolting everything back together.  You might have to remove your inner fenders and lower valance panel to get the bumper off.

ACUDANUT

That is easy, just run it into a telephone poll.
I think you have the wrong forum. We are 66-74 Charger folks here.