News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Splash Shields

Started by comet_666, February 04, 2014, 11:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Not sure if this is what they are called or not but they go inside the fenders to keep water and such from splashing into the door hinge area. Anyway my question is are these necessary? I wont be driving in the rain/snow and such.

Troy

They also keep grit and rocks out of your door hinges and seals. Not to mention chips in the paint. These were installed before the undercoating inside the wheel well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dino

They are super necessary on any car that goes onto the open road, regardless of the weather conditions.  Imagine all that the front wheels throw inside that fender will now be going into the door jamb.  That would be bad.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666

Are they the
INNER FRONT FENDER SPLASH SHIELDS

or the

FRONT INNER FENDER SPLASH SHIELD

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/body_parts_front.htm

In the 20 years I have owned the car they were never on it...

Dino

Inner front fender.  Those cover the door jambs.  You need all the splash shields of course but I wouldn't go far without having these in place.  I've seen them on ebay and CL cheap but be careful as some disintegrate in your hands.

fy469rtse

seen somewhere also repopped, ? AMD , yes you must put on , imagine running over a bug and then your wheel spits that into your door frame, your inners will look like the bug splattered semi trailor thats never washed lol

Dino

Quote from: fy469rtse on February 04, 2014, 04:26:07 PM
seen somewhere also repopped, ? AMD , yes you must put on , imagine running over a bug and then your wheel spits that into your door frame, your inners will look like the bug splattered semi trailor thats never washed lol

Well there goes my appetite...   :lol:

Would be nice if you have a power window loom running there that gets bombarded by rocks.  That could turn out to be a fun trip.   :eek2:

green69rt

I've got to think that I would not want all the crap that my tires throw up landing on my door hinges!!

HeavyFuel

Quote from: comet_666 on February 04, 2014, 12:19:29 PM
Are they the
INNER FRONT FENDER SPLASH SHIELDS

or the

FRONT INNER FENDER SPLASH SHIELD

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/body_parts_front.htm

In the 20 years I have owned the car they were never on it...

Do you drive it much?

I guess if you haven't missed them so far..... :shruggy:

Personally, I wouldn't dream of not having them on. 

(funny sidenote....'jimsautoparts' spellchecks to 'constipates'..... :smilielol: )

Ghoste

comet_666

I have had it for 20 years and never knew they existed (were not on car when I got it) Prob put 6k on it in all those years. Now that it is restored I plan to drive the heck out of it (when I get the engine in)
Are these welded in?

green69rt

Quote from: comet_666 on February 05, 2014, 10:24:46 AM
I have had it for 20 years and never knew they existed (were not on car when I got it) Prob put 6k on it in all those years. Now that it is restored I plan to drive the heck out of it (when I get the engine in)
Are these welded in?

Nah, screw mount and there are rubber seals around them (on both the front splash shield and rear splash shields.)

comet_666

I don't have to remove the fenders do I?

green69rt

Quote from: comet_666 on February 05, 2014, 10:41:36 AM
I don't have to remove the fenders do I?

Nah, but you may want to take the wheels off if they are on, just to give yourself some working room.