News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What part of the Project have you been putting off?

Started by Lord Warlock, February 19, 2014, 08:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

All done, it took me 5 years to do a complete nut and bolt restoration and driving her for the last 3 years. I did order a RTR firecore distributor, can't wait to install. :2thumbs:

bull

I've put the side glass/mechanisms off until now. It's essentially the last thing I have to do before the car is finished and the rear seat and door panels can be installed. I started on the side glass about 5 years ago and decided it was not the right time. Looking back I think it was probably the right decision to do the glass toward the end of the project. And of course it has turned out to cost me a lot more than I thought it would. You'd think after owning this thing for ten years I would have figured this out by now...

Lord Warlock

Picked up the new calipers today, so hoping to get them on tomorrow, provided it isn't raining too hard.  (its garaged but the jack would stick out some).  Hoping to eliminate the longest running backlog item soon. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Lord Warlock

scratch that one off the checklist :) hooked up the front brake lines to the calipers, and installed the calipers.  One of them fought me a bit, one of the pistons came out and messed around with it an hour trying to put it back in, finally got it together, put the new pads in and installed the calipers on the car.  For the first time in 20 years, it has 4 all new brakes, still won't move for a bit as I need to bleed the system, and that won't be till Next week.  Have some touch up painting to do, then have to decide if I want to clearcoat it or just leave the single stage alone. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.