News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone installed the Unisteer 68-70 Charger Rack and Pinion?

Started by professor-patrick, November 08, 2006, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I was just thinking of the difference in the two steering systems.

rcannon440

Patrick
Please e-mail me!!! I to have installed this rack with many issues. I also had to move the hose fittings for header clearance. My kit came with out instructions or hardware. I had to buy a new oil pan because the drain plug would not clear the rack. The supplied braided hoses leak at the crimp and are made of cheap plastic, I had new hoses made that are much nicer. When I did get the instructions I found things that were incorrect.

I am also having a major issue with bump steer now. While driving the car if I hit the slightest dip in the road the car feels like it wants to steer itself, it's a scary feeling!!!! If I hadn't already cut my steering shaft I would put my old steering back on. I'm not sure what to do about this bump steer problem any ideas?

This spring I attended the Charlotte auto fair and saw the Unisteer booth. I spoke with the two reps they had and explained these issues, one of them said o well that's the way it goes and rolled his eyes at me and walked away man what a jerk!!!!!!

dodgey68

Hello all, I know this hasn't been posted in for quite a wile, I have a unisteer kit in my car and have had so for a few years,, I had a small issue with bump steer, did some homework, lifted rack 10mm fixed that,never had an issue, u-turns are a tiny hard but who cares, go around the block, who doesn't like driving there car any way,, just my :Twocents:
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.