News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Comedian John Pinette dies at 50

Started by Drache, April 06, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Comedian John Pinette, a fan favourite at Just for Laughs, has died. He was 50.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office says Pinette died at a Pittsburgh hotel on Saturday.

The medical examiner's office says Pinette's death was from natural causes.

Pinette, a Boston native, become a mainstay at Just for Laughs over the years, performing at the festival several times, and winning over local comedy fans with his boundless energy and self-deprecating material, much of which centred on his weight. He was also an accomplished impressionist.

Agent Nick Nuciforo says Pinette had been working on another stand-up project when he died.

Pinette has regularly expressed gratitude to Just for Laughs organizers, as well as the warm reception and loyalty he received from Montreal audiences, for putting him on the comedy map.

"It's a very sad day at Just For Laughs," said the festival's COO, Bruce Hills. "John was a great friend, a great comedian and a class act. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends."

"Hosting a gala for the first time was a highlight of my life," Pinette told the Gazette's June Thompson in a 2012 interview, shortly after hosting the opening English-language gala that summer. "I couldn't have been more scared. The audience cut me a break for sure."

Fans and fellow comedians took to social media Sunday evening, after news first broke of Pinette's death, to pay tribute to the comedian, who was in the middle of a North American tour at the time of his death.

"I was so lucky to work so many gigs with John Pinette who was as kind as he was funny," tweeted Montreal comic Caroline Rhea. "So very sad for his family. Way too young."

"Can't believe John Pinette is gone. I'm trying to focus on how hard he made me laugh, not how sad I am that he's not here," comic Kathleen Madigan said on Twitter.

In addition to standup comedy, Pinette was also an actor, most notably starring in the polarizing series finale of Seinfeld, playing a mugging victim that the series' main characters failed to help, leading to their trial for failing to be Good Samaritans. Pinette also appeared in movies including The Punisher and had a trio of stand-up shows released on DVD.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/movie-guide/Comedian+John+Pinette+dies/9706985/story.html
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

oldgold69

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Aero426

John Pinette was one of the few comedians I would pay to go see.    Funny, funny guy.    There is a buffet in heaven.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bill440rt

Quote from: Aero426 on April 11, 2014, 03:23:08 PM
John Pinette was one of the few comedians I would pay to go see.    Funny, funny guy.    There is a buffet in heaven.

VERY funny guy, without a doubt. One of the good ones I never got to see live, but would have liked to. 
R.I.P. John.   :angel:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

Died from a PE..what a shame.

RIP Mr. Pinette
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Dino on April 12, 2014, 08:26:30 AM

RIP Mr. Pinette

Died From a PE ?  What is that

Dino

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 12, 2014, 09:12:35 AM
Quote from: Dino on April 12, 2014, 08:26:30 AM

RIP Mr. Pinette

Died From a PE ?  What is that

Pulmonary Embolism.  Pulmonary means pertaining to the lungs and an embolism is a plug which could be a few different things.  Since he had surgeries, the most likely scenario is that a blood clot from the legs travelled to the lungs and blocked enough arteries to prevent sufficient blood flow and oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange leading to death. 

When someone has a stroke the same thing has happened in the brain.  That's why surgical patients must be on a blood thinner in one form or another to prevent clots and the consequences of it.

Same reason you should wear compression socks on long flights and/or do ankle pumps or walk those narrow isles to prevent clots and the possible results of them.  It's not good to be sedentary for too long.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.