News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD floor pans + seat install ...

Started by sanders7981, February 12, 2014, 02:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

I am only asking, but I think I know the answer.  I have AMD floor pans my charger, do I need to drill holes for the bucket seat tracks/frames?  I only see holes in the sheet metal for what appears to be bench seats. 

green69rt

Yeap, you have to drill the holes.   And I think you have to drill them all.   The inside ones are easy because the reinforcement plates are there to guide you.   What you may think are the outside holes and are for a bench seat on the new floor from AMD are really holes to mimic the original floors and were used for allignment of the floor during assembly or for draining after dipping at the factory.   The holes should have little rubber plugs in them when your car is finished.  The holes for the seat tracks should match the holes that are in the floor supports that attach to the inner rockers and will need to be drilled. Look under the floor and you'll see what I'm talking about.   As with everything on these cars, make sure the placement is correct before actually drilling!!

sanders7981

Damn...  Ok.  Thanks for the info.  Really didn't want it to be more work than necessary.