News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 or 69

Started by Steevgee, January 21, 2014, 09:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats a more popular/desirable year 68 or 69?

42 (45.7%)
50 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 92

TPR

Quote from: xs29bb1 on January 24, 2014, 12:58:18 AM

2.  The console top of the 68 is chrome which goes nicely w/ the dash - the 69 has a fake woodgrain sticker, which is well, a fake woodgrain sticker. 

I agree, the chrome looks better, but it wasn't until I actually owned a '68 that I realised how distracting it can be when on a sunny day, the glare off the console top can shine in your eyes and cause a distraction.
I usually have to put my hat on there to cover it up. Just one of the funny things you notice as an owner.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

69charger2002

This topic has been brought up so many times. LOL  still fun to chime in I guess.. A lot of the personal preference things(like grilles, taillights, side markers) are what makes it GREAT that Dodge changed the charger each of the 3 years. So many things i like about each of the 3 years, I would make a frankenstein if it was up to me. I couldn't decide.. So i bought all of them lol. Here is my "personal preference" of each of the 3 years:
68:
better console top plates
clean rear valance with no backup lights
vertical ribbed dash pieces

69:
grill was perfect
taillights flow with the car
dash pad doesn't come to a point like the 68

70:
high back bucket seats were the most comfy
paint color options
plastic lower dash pieces that don't warp like 68-69 padded pieces
pistol grip shifter

T

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

VegasCharger

I voted 68  :cheers:
Best grille
Bets tail lights
Best side markers
Best fuel cap
Best seat pattern
Best dash bezels
Best top console piece

68's are greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fy469rtse

See now I have the better 69 bezels , my dash matches my console, SE RT nice wood grain finish, why has no one painted the surround on console plate anything other than black, oh wait i have RT red to tie the inside to the model.
The red looks great with the wood grain , did this to put a bit of colour inside than just black
yep have to admit I like the vertical lines to dash parts on 68's

Ghoste

Keep this up and we'll end up all inbred.  It will either become the ultimate Charger or a toothless banjo player with no hair.