News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash bezel cost

Started by Dino, February 22, 2014, 09:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Since there's a 30% off code for Year One I thought I'd check their prices on 69 dash bezel sets.  They are of course discount exempt but even if they were not, they are over $300 more than Classic Industries'...am I missing something here?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Just a marketing strategy that is really sad.

JB400

When I got their catalog, I thought it was odd that they'd offer 20-30% off of most parts on a regular basis.  Why do that instead of just marking stuff down all the time and gain the business?  I haven't bought anything from them.

PlainfieldCharger

Year One, only good for wire harnesses. :Twocents:

twodko

I've only bought a couple items from YO several years ago. YO is a rip off IMO, their shipping rates are always excessive and the "discounts" they tout are bogus. They hugely pad parts pricing then offer "discounts" for a small portion of the markup. The parts are still way over priced compared to other vendors.

Buy somewhere else.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

jaak

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on February 22, 2014, 10:14:43 AM
Year One, only good for wire harnesses. :Twocents:

Classic Industries carries wiring harnesses now. I don't know if it is the same brand YO carries, though.

Jason

TUFCAT

I really don't know how they stay in business.  :shruggy:  At one time they were the biggest, and most respected player but they screwed so many people with their shipping department (profit center) and high costs.

Without a discount, they're usually higher than everyone else for the same stuff.  At one time they had lots of NOS items in the catalog, but it dried up and disappeared over the last decade.

They must have pretty big Ego's over there because they still think they're the shiznit! - especially at a major car show.  They're so arrogant its funny.  

PlainfieldCharger

I will need to check on the wire harness at Classic as I will be in the market for a 70 bee. I thought M&H had an agreement with Year One on all of the Chrysler wiring sets? I got all M&H though out my 68 and was very happy with the M&H product and customer service. Lengths were right on...etch. So if Classic has the M&H  :icon_smile_big:

twodko

I recently purchased a front lights harness for my 69 from Classic Industries, it was an M&H harness.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Moparheaven

I'm really glad to find this thread, I thought that I had to get them from YO. I have purchased a couple in the past and have been extremely happy with the harness from YO. I am very glad to find out that CI has them.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thank you, and Yes YO is very overpriced. I have not purchased from them in over 10 years except the wiring harnesses. I thought they had the corner on that market.

MH

VegasCharger

Holy crap I didn't know Classic Industries were selling under dash harnesses.
However I just looked up CI price on a 68 B Body with oil gauge and they have it listed for $510.99.
Year One's price is $473.99 for the same harness. That's a $37.00 price difference.
I just bought one a month ago from YO and shipping was $27.95.
So even if CI offered free shipping you would still spend $9.00 more on their harness.
I got both current prices from their websites.
Strange to see that YO is less expensive than CI.

BTW I used the 30% off thru Year One. I was just using the example above from both YO & CI regular prices.

And yes I would only use YO for their dash harnesses only. I will have to keep an eye out on CI prices and see if they fall.  :cheers:

PlainfieldCharger

That is good that Classic has at least some M&H products. Will need to start with Classic for my search for Dash bezels. Got some overlays to check out first :scratchchin: Not sure if they will fly...are the bezels discount exempt :shruggy:

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

PlainfieldCharger

:brickwall: :brickwall: I hope the overlays work ;)

John L

According to the person at M&H that I spoke with Classic is not getting their harness directly from M&H, they are getting them from Year One. The agreement between M&H and Year One has not changed. That may explain the higher price at Classic.

Ghoste

Yeah, as I understand it YO fronted the money for that exclusive and based on how they alienated so much of the market with their business practises I would be surprised if they gave up that last cash cow.

69white hat

Has anyone bought the dash bezels from classic? Do they look original? The picture looks ok, but its so hard to tell. Ever try and buy just the radio bezel?  :eek2: I finally found one at pg classics and it's great for 100$

VegasCharger

Yes I bought the whole set. Waited until the 20% deal. Paid $346.44 for delivery to my door step.
They are nice pieces. However I did have to oblong one of the holes for the above glove box piece for it to fit. Nothing major just a slight tear drop. Radio Bezel dropped right in place. Have not yet mounted the gauge bezel yet but it does look nice. Keep in mind if you go after just one piece it probably won't match against the other pieces. Classic Industries is alright in my book.

:cheers:

68killerbee

Got the 1968 set from them.  Was just going to store them until the next time I redid my car, but ended up putting them in last summer since I was taking the car tothe nationals. A bunch of he tabs were broken on the back  :brickwall:.  Week before the show and I had no choice but to put them in.  So just check them as soon as you get them in.  I actually bought the two pieces on the ends from year one as I got them for 30% off and then bought the rest from C.I. at a discount.  Kinda played the system I guess as it was cheaper that way.... C.I. got the last laugh though I suppose hah.
Great quality though.  :cheers:

PlainfieldCharger

Are the bezels carried by Classic, Year One, and others made by the same company? :shruggy:

68killerbee

From what I understand, yes. Which is crazy considering the price differences.  b e and a also sells them i think.