News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1964 Dodge Dart tech

Started by CKH, January 08, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH

I'm planning on fixing up a 1964 Dodge Dart and I have a few concerns.
First, the original engine for this particular car was a slant six. I plan on swapping that with a 360 immediately. What would I have to do in order to mount this new engine? Would I need to swap the K member (I think that's what it is called), or would I be able to drop the 360 in straight away?
Second, I can't seem to find a dual exhaust kit for a 1964 Dart anywhere, except for a $700 Flowmaster kit. Do you think it would be possible to buy a later model kit (the earliest most come in is 67) and make it fit the 64?
Third, the 360 I am planning to use comes from an early 90s model Jeep. The guy I'm buying it from said he thinks it was a 1992 Jeep. This means it has all manner of electrical wiring running all over the place. Would it be possible and easy to rip all this out and just run it with a Holley 4-bbl, or should I just look for an older model for sale somewhere?
Thanks for reading guys.
UPDATE: I found out that the 360 is an 89-90 model.